Monday, March 12, 2012

Post-Ishibashi Farm Estate Sale

I have spent the past two days trying to get over my sadness after Saturday's sale. I haven't checked to see how they did as far as selling equipment etc. but it seemed that they sold quite a bit of it.

I want to thank those of you who went to support them after reading about it here and to thank Felicia at LA Weekly for blogging about it. Hopefully, it helped in some small way.

I was able to get some items to give to the Torrance Historic Society and Museum so that we can preserve the Ishibashi farm legacy here in Torrance. I got a strawberry tray, a lug box, a green basket they used for green beans and some strawberry baskets. I am hoping to get a t-shirt as well.

One of the things I am getting is this sign that they have said I can have to give to the Museum:

So bittersweet, I really cried when I saw this as I walked up to the sale.


What once was the farm stand is now empty
Empty area where the bustling  farm stand once stood




I am also going to give the Museum this memento that I got (they were given to all guests) at Tom's Memorial Service: