Monday, March 3, 2008

LA Farm Girl Is Still Alive But Under Deadline!

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I am still alive! The book deadline is fast approaching its next Wednesday, March 12. So, I have been running around getting photos, taking photos, and interviewing the awesome farmers in our area.

It is truly incredible how generous and kind they are and how great their memories are. I am definitely going to have to do more with their stories after I complete this very brief pictorial history book. I feel so lucky to be involved in such an important project telling their stories and preserving this history.

I thought I'd post a couple of great shots I took today at Tom Ishibashi's Farm at Torrance Airport. He is a great guy, very funny and very nice.

It's hard to believe that his strawberries come from the Torrance Airport, but here they are growing right there in the middle of it!

He has early season strawberries which are awesome, and people line up to get them once his stand opens. He just opened last week so come and get your berries and support the last farmer in Torrance!

No comments: