Sunday, August 1, 2010

Upcoming LA Farm Girl Events

LA Farm Girl's August 1 morning harvest, cucumbers, Oregon Spring & Lollipop tomatoes
Having had my blog for a few years now, I still don't feel comfortable using it to talk about myself, or all of the things that I am doing. And, I usually end up using it to promote other people's projects, events, etc.

But all of my fellow farm and garden writers and foodies tell me that I should.

So, I am going to take their advice and list of couple of things I am doing this month, but I don't feel as uncomfortable since they are great events featuring other people's work, a film, and other fun things.

First up, the Torrance Public Library will be showing "Food Inc." and following the film, I will be moderating a discussion. Those of you in the South Bay, please come out and help me lead an intelligent talk about this important film.

Food Inc. Film and Discussion: Wednesday, August 4, 7 p.m.
Location: Katy Geissert Civic Center Library, Community Meeting Room, 3301 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90503
  
Next up, please join me for the kick-off of an exciting new "Monthly Gathering for Food Lovers!" The Food Rendezvous

August 28, 2010, 4 - 10 PM
SPARC, historic 1920s police station/jail house and its adjoining parking lots Venice

Featuring:
  • Delicious food from emerging local artisans
  • Creative chefs’ demos
  • Cookbook swap
  • Fun cooking contests
  • Inspiring food movies
  • Tasty live music
  • And so much more!
And local food authors, including yours truly, I will be talking about our rich farm history in the South Bay and LA area.