Friday, August 27, 2010

Meet LA Farm Girl at Food Rendezvous

I have been busily working on many things, including my next book, that I have neglected my own blog!

But....I just wanted to post a reminder about the first ever "Food Rendezvous," kicking off tomorrow in Venice. This is a new monthly gathering and hopefully people will keep coming back for more!

Here's the details on Food Rendezvous:

August 28, 2010, 4 - 10 PM

Location: SPARC, historic 1920s police station/jail house and its adjoining parking lots Venice, 685 Venice Blvd.

$10

Featuring:

•Delicious food from emerging local artisans

•Creative chefs’ demos

•Cookbook swap

•Fun cooking contests

•Inspiring food movies

•Tasty live music

• Jam Making Contest

Local food authors, including yours truly!

I will at the Writer's Table tomorrow from 4 to 5 p.m. right when the event kicks off. Come and learn all about our rich farm history in the South Bay and LA area, and hear how both Venice and Lomita claimed to be the "Celery Capital" of So Cal!!!
"Farming in Torrance And The South Bay" by Judith Gerber