I got this from one of the many groups I am on (Organic Consumers Association) and it outlines Obama's policies on agriculture. It sounds like some good things will finally be happening for sustainable agriculture!
Here's the main points:
1) Support for hunger and conservation programs in the Farm Bill.
2) Expand Country of Origin Labeling requirements on food products.
3) Support for organic farmers and transition to organic programs.
4) Increase farm extension service programs to attract more youth to farming as a career.
5) Encourage the use of technologies to produce power from animal wastes, and farming practices that reduce energy use and maintain soil health.
6) Increase incentives for farmers to plant trees, restore grasslands and managed the land in a way that better absorbs CO2.
7) Campaign pledge to support mandatory labeling for genetically engineered foods.