Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another Shameless Plug

Well, I haven't posted for about a week since I have been super busy with book events and also attending some great sustainable food events like the Aaron French talk on Sunday at the Natural History Museum.

Anyhow, at one of the events, my monthly Master Garden Meeting, I was given a chance to chat a bit about my book before our featured speaker, Russ Parsons, the LA Times Food Editor spoke about the history of farmers' markets.

Not only did he give a fascinating talk about how farmers' markets developed, he was nice enough to buy my book and actually read it because yesterday he emailed me to let me know he was going to blog about it on the LA Times Daily Dish blog and sure enough, it's in there this morning http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydish/2008/11/los-angeles-far.html.

Not only is he a great writer and strong supporter of farmers and farmers' markets, but he's a super nice guy and was very complimentary. His only criticism is the one that I myself have and it's really about doing a book for Arcadia, the fact that they are short on text. Which is why I am working on developing the stories of our farmers into a longer narrative form.

3 comments:

MaryRuth said...

Wow, you're like all famous and stuff! WTG!

LA Farm Woman said...

Ha, Hardly famous but it did feel good that he thought enough of my work to write about since this is what he does focus on.

Hey, I was going to post on your blog about Hell Cat and how sorry I am for you he's gone, great photos of him.

MaryRuth said...

Thanks for your kind words. It's just not the same around here.... =(