Thursday, January 24, 2008

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

Just a quick note to let everybody know that on Saturday, I am leading a book discussion on Barbara Kingsolver's fabulous book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. And, I sure could use some help and support since I have never led a book discussion before.

My friend Jamie who works at Santa Monica Public Library asked me to do it a few months ago, and not thinking, I said "sure." Now, I am panicked so hopefully the questions I came up with are going to be OK.

However, following the book discussion, there's a great opportunity to buy a wonderful book from a passionate farm advocate, Amelia Saltsman, who has written the Santa Monica Farmers' Market Cookbook. She knows her produce and how to cook (something I do not).

The book discussion takes place this Saturday, Jan. 26 from 2-3 p.m. and then Amelia will come at 3 p.m. to talk about and sign copies of her book. Its at the Ocean Park Branch Library in Santa Monica.

Check out the event details here at Slow Food LA http://www.slowfoodla.com and of course, at the Santa Monica Library site: http://www.smpl.org/

No comments: