Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Farm Can Come To You

The Milkman Comes to LA Farm Girl
It's been a busy week, with the holidays, writing, volunteering, so I thought I'd post just a quick post-Christmas note to let you know an easy (and nostalgic way) you can have the farm come to you.

Today is Wednesday and this morning, just like each Wednesday for the past year-and-a-half, LA Farm Girl was awakened about 6:45 a.m. by a familiar and comforting sound: my milkman's truck.

That's right, the milkman still comes and delivers farm-fresh milk (from Rockview Farms) to my house. And to top it off, I order Good Heart Organic Milk, that is CCOF certified (California Certified Organic Federation), none of that watered down USDA Certification stuff for me.

My milk man is a lovely gentleman named Don Limon, who has been delivering milk for Rockview Dairies for the past 40 years and he lives right here in the South Bay and is a sweetheart.

If you're interested in having your own milk and other items delivered (I also get cottage cheese and chocolate milk for my hubby), check out their website: www.rockviewfarms.com. They are still headquartered in Downey and family-owned, it costs a bit more than going to the supermarket, but to me, it's worth every extra penny to support them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, Judi Happy New Year! I went to Santa Barbara for the Solstice and it was beautiful.

Can we do some publicity about AVM ? you have such a good link to the book...anything to get the word out...Jamie
H 320-1544 W 458-8638