Monday, December 17, 2007

Cover Photos Disappointment

Just a quick post to let you know that after my shameless plug and bragging, it turns out that none of the photos I submitted to the publisher are good enough to be used for the cover.

So, that means I am back at square one and not sure what to do next. Any ideas? Suggestions? Tips? I sure could use some helpful advice and support.

Anyhow, life goes on and there's plenty of other work and wonderful projects to be involved with including writing some entries for the Encyclopedia of American Environmental History and updating the newsletter for the Torrance Certified Farmers' Market.

More later once City Farm Girl gets over this latest setback.

2 comments:

valereee said...

Has your publisher told you what kind of photo they're looking for? The cover of a book is supposed to accomplish one thing: Entice the right readers (that is, the target audience for the book) into picking the book up (or clicking on it) and investigating further. That's all the cover has to do, but it's a huge job. If the right readers don't pick up the book, they can't buy the book.

So what kind of photo will entice the right readers to pick up your book?

LA Farm Woman said...

Valereee,

Thanks for the input, my editor did come and select a photo so I am waiting to hear if this one is acceptable. Ah, the stress of the writer's life!

I love your blog, didn't see where I could email you directly. I should include locavore information for LA too, you gave me a great idea!